Wednesday, January 26, 2011

First 2 months

As a new Mom of twins I had many questions, such as ' What products are best', 'What are the essentials?', 'What will make my life less complicated with twins?' I had so many questions that I could have written a book. Thankfully family and friends were there to help! But from my own experience I would like to share with you every month the products I have found that makes being a Mom soooo much easier and when things are easier, being a Mom can be so much more fun!


Here is just a quick blurb about who I am. I am a 28 year old first time Mom, with 10 week old twin boys. I have been married 7 years as of January 30th, this year. My husband and I were quite surprised with getting so lucky with twin boys, when we weren't even planning on children. I quit working to raise my 2 boys and I want to provide them with the best of care as they grow up.

I am very used to a busy lifestyle, I worked as an Event Coordinator and was working at all hours of the day. But I have to say taking care of twin boys has been my biggest and most challenging job yet. I do have to say it is also the most rewarding job I have ever had.

I am just a regular new Mom wanting to help out other Moms out there. I will be posting my top 5 choices of the most helpful products to use on or for your baby or babies. I hope you enjoy my blog and please comment if you'd like and share your experiences with these products or ask me a question, I would love to help you out!

Here are the top 5 items I have personally used and have really enjoyed for the first 2 months of my boys' life.


1. Moby Wrap. I Love this! When my hands are full with babies and I need to do laundry or tidy up. I just put on my Moby Wrap and cuddle my baby! They fall asleep instantly when I put them in this. It also helps with colic. I used it to go shopping, walking, cleaning, wherever!! I recommend that you don't wear something too warm underneath because you do get pretty warm with baby snuggled up to you. I highly recommend this wrap, its easy to put on and nice to have baby real close to you. Here is the link to order one: http://www.blissbaby.fatcow.com/

2. Burt's Bees baby products. I have a very sensitive baby, he can't use the normal baby products. He breaks out in a rash and becomes very irritated. The only products I use on them now is Burt's Bees baby Products. They have powder, lotion, oil, diaper rash cream, and other items. Plus it smells yummy and the babies love the taste of it. They just suck away on their fingers. It's all natural, so it isn't harmful. You can find these products at your local Whole Foods, Sprouts, or Babies R Us. http://www.burtsbees.com/


3. Summer Infant Kiddopotomus SwaddleMe swaddler. I use these ALL the time. My boys love to be swaddled. They slept better and became less fussy when I used these. Plus they are so much easier to use than trying to figure out how to swaddle them in regular receiving blankets. They work best with newborns. You can find them anywhere. I have found them at WalMart, Target, or Babies R Us.

4. Fisher Price Papasan Cradle Swing. I use this product every day. With two babies it is hard to rock both babies to sleep at the same time. For some reason we weren't born with 4 arms. when I have 2 crying babies I use my swings! They work great and replicate how we would rock them. They Especially are great when you have company or little projects around the house to do and you need to entertain your baby or keep them sleeping soundly. This swing has a fun little mobile and a mirror for the babies to look at when on. It has 4 different sound settings, from music to nature sounds. 7 swing settings as the baby gets bigger and heavier you will need to use a stronger setting. These swings are not too loud and babies really do love them. They also change directions, you can either swing them side to side or front to back. I suggest before you get one, have a good space for it where it won't get in the way. It takes up a good 5'x3' area. Also don't leave your baby unattended for too long. Always keep a watchful eye. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3090973

5. Itzbeen timers. Helps you track of the last diaper change, feeding, nap, and it has a misc. button for medications or perhaps another babies feedings. It also has a helpful light and a clock. As well as a tracker for left and right breast feedings. I love this handy tool. I use to keep everything written down on a piece of paper but now it is less time consuming. And I am all about that! http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3039774

With twins I am constantly looking at second hand baby supply stores and a lot of these items I have found at those stores. Some items not even out of the box and for a fraction of the cost. So go out to your local second hand stores, I recommend Once Upon a Child, Love Child, and Twice as Nice. If you feel more comfortable with brand new, then the links above should help you out.

I hope that these recommendations are helpful to you, whether you have one baby, twins, or more! Please come back and read my future blogs. Also look us up on Face Book: A Mommies World. Join other moms in their journey through Motherhood.

Thanks for reading!

http://www.amommiesworld.net/ soon to be up. To join a club for Moms of twins or singletons, for play dates and lots more!

No comments:

Post a Comment