Monday, March 14, 2011

Parenting of Twins: Four Months Old

Four months already? But wasn't it only yesterday that I was going through my 27 hour extremely painful delivery?! Ummmm wait a second. Is there a pause button somewhere that I haven't discovered on them?

Although I really wish there was an actual pause button that came with every baby, there isn't. They grow way too fast and before you know it they are sitting up, walking, talking, dating, graduating, getting married, and having their own little babies of their own.

Even though my babies haven't even gotten to the sitting up on their own stage, they are still making tremendous achievements, well in my opinion. My little guys are now sitting up with a little support from me and their trusty Bumbo. They are rolling and scooting all over the place, especially when they are trying to get their favorite toy. They are holding onto things and playing with toys. It is amazing how only 3 months ago they couldn't do anything but poop, pee, burp, puke, eat, and sleep. Amazing how they learn so quickly.

As I am writing this, my baby Anthony is trying to roll in his crib looking at his fingers and feet. Very cute I must say. Both my boys are now noticing that that they don't have Mama all to themselves, they have this look like "Hey, wait! I have to share her with you?! When did this other baby get here??" Its so funny to watch one trying to interact with the other and the other not giving the one any attention.

Things are definitely starting to get more exciting, but things are also becoming a little more complicated since I have to entertain TWO at the same time. I know a couple of my cousins with twins can relate!
So, it is now that time to give you my recommendations of the month! I have found another 5 items that I need to tell you about!

1.Crackle Teethers. My first recommendation is the wonderful exciting Crackle Teethers! My babies are just now starting to get their buds and chewing up a storm! Constantly trying to chew on something, I wanted them to have something fun and entertaining to chew on. The first teether I got was a Crackle book with a little handle on it. They loved that, so I thought 'what about something more cuddly?'. I went out and found two little animals that are cuddly, crackly, and chewy! They are very satisfied and love their little Crackle Buddies!

2. Bottle Huggers. These are (I have found) hard to find, everywhere I go they are sold out. But they are found online mostly. These huggers are little plush animals that have an opening to stuff the bottles in through the mouth. It keeps the bottle warm and it helps your baby hold the bottle easily. I thought 'Hey if they are going to be looking at a bottle, might as well make it fun to look at!' And they love them! So naturally I recommend them.

3. Thermometer. I have used for the first 4 months of my babies life a wonderful little gadget. It is the Safety 1st prograde digital thermometer. It has three different attachments for Under Arm, Rectal, and Oral. That way you are prepared for every stage. It only take a couple seconds for it to read your babies temperature and it has a red light to let you know if the temp is too high. It also reminds you to clean the prong afterward. It has a pretty blue light on the face of the Thermometer. Another great addition is it keeps all the prongs safely stored in the back of the unit, so they don't get lost or misplaced. I absolutely love this in comparison to other meters. I used the older kind that takes literally forever to take the temperature and when your baby is squirming and crying, that is no fun. I am so glad got this fast, organized, digital thermometer!! It is definitely a must!

4. Entertainment. Another great item that is a must is a play mat! My Aunt got the babies the Fisher Price Rain-forest play mat, it has music, lights, lots of animals to look at and touch, crackle leaves, and a mirror. The music has a setting where if the attachments are played with, the music will play, or you can just leave it playing. It also has soothing rain-forest sounds as well. My babies can play there for quite a while, they are so entertained with all the things to play with and look at. They practice their rolling and scooting and they have even started to play together on the mat. They have discovered each other and love playing together 'in the rain forest' They particularly love the cute giraffe that peers down at them and all the rattles. One thing I love about this mat, is that it easily folds away, the attachments are removable so you can clean and move them around to the mat or above on the 'rainbow' bars. If you don't get this particular one, make sure the one you get has plenty for your baby to look at and play with and lights are always fun for them as well.

5. BUMBO!! Now that my boys are able to sit with a little help, I went out and got a Bumbo. At first I was skeptical, I didn't think that the boys would be able to sit in it yet, but the box says once your baby starts to support their head or sit with help, the Bumbo will work for them. So, I decided to try it. Aaaand its true! The boys love sitting in it and they look like they are thinking 'look at me I am a big boy now!' You can set this Bumbo anywhere and it is sturdy! I put it on the couch, floor bed, and it is sturdy enough to keep them in there. I do recommend you put it on the most sturdy area or a flat surface. I would never leave the room while they are in it either. The Bumbo has a tray you can add to it as well, where you can put their toys on there or when they are ready they can eat their snacks there too!

If you're pregnant, have babies, or take care of children I hope this blog can be helpful to you. If you would like to comment please do, I love to hear feedback! Whether you are in agreement with my recommendations or not!
Also there is an event coming up in April 'Mommy and Baby Play date', if you would like more information please contact me. Also join our group A Mommies World on Facebook.
Come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment