Friday, March 14, 2014

A Health Kick! A kick to inflammations bottom!

This is for all the ladies out there who are too busy being a Mom/ caregiver and don't spend enough time trying to take care of themselves....I was there, still working on it. We think we come last, kids first!! My Mom says, 'yes but if something should happen to you because you failed to take care of yourself, then your kids would be without a Mom.'

Ssoooo, I have been on a health kick. Been really excited for this new life, to feel good and have energy. For me and for my kids. I want to be around for a long time. It's amazing how kids can wake you up, is it just me? I mean before it was all about me, go out and eat whatever. Have fun, live life! Haha...had my kids....holy crap I'm fat! And really unhealthy!! I gotta be a better ME for my kids! Crazy how that changes.

After a close relative passed away from rhino cell carcinoma, I and many of my family members were bound and determined to get on the healthy road. We have been a health conscience family for the most part, but even more so after this tragic event. The same year my Father suffered heart failure, survived, but has to live forever with a defibrillator in his chest. These two recent events to two people I love deeply, struck a cord. As it should. 

I personally have hypothyroid and chronic migraines, among other things. So, I have been visiting the doctor more than usual to figure out what could cause some of my issues, what She found was very interesting. A lot of people don't know that they have inflammation. Inflammation is the main cause of MANY diseases. So, to hear I had high inflammation, it FREAKED me out. Migraines - inflammation, body aches and pains - inflammation, arthritis - inflammation, can't lose weight? Probably inflammation. Allergies - inflammation. Dizzy? Guess what, it could be inflammation.
I'm not a doctor, but I do have all of the above. And all of my issues are caused by inflammation. Crazy huh? 

So, what am I supposed to do and how fast can I get rid of it?!? I was instructed to go on a Mediterranean diet, which I love. And to cut out all foods that cause inflammation (you can find lists online) Cool! Got it! I can do that. I also added to my routine a cactus juice from Trivita. Which has been amazing. As well as Garcinia Cambogia, Leanology, and Sublingual B12.

 I have been overweight for most of my adult life and had issues with high cholesterol in the last year or two. I would always go on diets and never see a change, and it was so frustrating!! Finally a doctor told me my issues besides thyroid, it was the inflammation and stress causing all of these problems. Since being on my routine (not very long by the way), I have not only lost weight, but I no longer have high cholesterol, or thyroid issues, all my levels are normal! It was baffling to me. I have a lot more weight to lose probably 40 lbs or so (I've lost a total of 30 lbs). But I feel encouraged to know that I'm healthy. I'm still on the path to health and always will be. I'm still working on my inflammation but I have 30+ years to get rid of. At least I am seeing the change, for the first time. 

I am one who hates vitamin routines, or fitness routines, or eating routines....kind of rebellious I guess. But really, it isn't worth being rebellious or stubborn. Or lazy. If I have to suffer being on a routine, to grow old with my husband and kids, THAT is worth everything. I am not one who says, 'Well we are gonna anyways, might as well enjoy it.' Why not live healthy and live as long as possible? Your kids will respect you for it, love you more for it, and in turn live longer too because of your example. THAT is so much more satisfying than junk food. And I love junk food. But I deeply love my kids and family.

Stepping off my soap box...

So here's to health! I will be sharing some healthy meals for kids, along with smoothies, and lots of other things!

Currently: Writing this as my kids take an R&R, they are watching Sponge Bob....his laugh is so annoying...

* The above post is from my own experiences and reflect my own results. I am not a Doctor or trained health coach. If you want a diagnosis, visit your doctor or trained health advisor. Thanks for reading!

Picture is of my Mom and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment