Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Fun Mommy Ideas

I have not posted in a loooong while. I guess because my life has been and still is completely involved in my wonderful sons. They are almost 21 months old now, time has flown by!
They are into everything, messy, destructive little monsters they are. But tons of fun!!!
I am folding clothes, they are behind making a mess of something! I clean that up and then they are in the other room making another mess of something!
Anywhere from unfolding my clothes, getting into the garbage can and unloading that, to finding a pen and writing on the walls, or getting into Daddy's shoe collection (yes he is the one with shoes) and ripping apart the shoe boxes.
Trailing them is like trailing a tornado....DESTRUCTION!!!
I have been leaning new things for them to do lately to keep their hands occupied, without too much of a mess.
One use I have found for zip lock bags: Exploration bags and sensory bags.
One idea I used last week was finger painting! In a bag!
1 regular zip lock bag
2 colors of finger paint
Painting tape
All you do is:  2 globs each color into the bag, make sure it is zipped tight. Tape all edges to the window or sliding door and there you have it! So simple and the kids LOVE it! Best part, easy clean up!

Another thing I have been wanting to figure out what to do with was all these perfectly good boxes! Diapers boxes!! I go through a TON of diapers with twins. And always have used these boxes to send clothes to Goodwill or some sort of storing in our garage. Now I have an idea I am so excited about finding! Reusing diaper boxes for storage. You cover them with some cute designed paper or fabric.
Need:
1 diaper box that is in good shape
Scissors
Box Knife
Tape or glue
Cutely designed paper or fabric (amount depends on the size of box)

First cut off all open flaps. The top flaps, where you opened it.
Then cut off the little flap where the "handle" of the box is. Next take your paper, measure almost like wrapping a gift. Leave some room on all edges to be able to wrap around the edges, bottom and top ridge.
Next glue or tape smoothly against the box.
After completing the outside (bottom not necessary, your preference) pick a different fabric or paper color for the interior and outer rim (if you'd like). I personally didn't do the outer rim. But may add it later, what I did do was use scented paper! (Drawer liners) so that it keeps the room smelling good and the items inside.
Glue all of the interior paper or fabric down and you have a cute box to put stuff in! I am using mine for the boys' winter clothes.
Hope you can use these ideas. I will keep trying more ideas and post about it. Mistakes and not so great ideas sure to come!








No comments:

Post a Comment